LoveNotions Canyon Cardigan

While work has kept me from having time to blog, it hasn't kept me from sewing!

My second make of 2021 is the LoveNotions Canyon Cardigan .  I've had this pattern for awhile but for some reason, I hadn't made it up yet.  Maybe its the line drawings:

There are a lot of similarities to the Blackwood Cardigan, by Helen's Closet, which is one of my favorites, so this one has been languishing in my pattern collection. But I'm getting ready to go on a girl's weekend and we plan to do some wine tasting. I decided I needed a cardigan with pockets but I'm not fond of pockets that aren't attached to a waist seam. No matter how light the items in your pocket (I need my ID, debit card, phone, and lip balm!) I find pockets just sewn in the side seem to create draglines and pull at the front, which I don't like.

View A has waist seam pockets that are different from any other cardigan I've seen, so I decided to try it out.  Cardigans are a big staple for my wardrobe because we rarely need heavy coats in Houston, our weather in the winter/spring can vary from day to day and layering is important.  And when I work in the office, it's always cold, and a cardigan is a great way to layer without adding bulk. 

When I think about how I style my outfits with a cardigan, I realized that I never button them.  So the Canyon Cardigan really fits my style!

I used a beautiful floral Liverpool knit from Girl Charlie

This swatch doesn't do it justice!! The colors are beautiful and I have several things that it will coordinate well with.  I think I'd also like to make a lavender and/or a sage green knit top to coordinate with it as well. 

At the time I'm writing this post, the fabric is still available AND on sale on the website.  Find it here. If you've never shopped Girl Charlie for knit fabrics, you are in for a treat. Not only do they sell top quality knit fabrics, but the customer service is out of this world fantastic 

And finally my finished product!

I've got to get some better lighting in my office!!  The fabric sample is spot on to the color of the fabric.  Can you see the hidden pockets?!  

I'm not normally a fan of pockets (yes, sacrilege in 2021) because I don't like the way they cause drag lines and lumps in places I least need them, but these pockets are hidden in the waist seam and are SO fabulous. I think you can also see the colors in this fabric better too, go figure. 

So I absolutely plan to make a few more of these.  Probably in more practical solids to better mix and match in my wardrobe, but this was such a fun and easy pattern to sew up.  Another winner from Love Notions!

Comments

Popular Posts