Fall 2020 Work From Home Modual

I mentioned in a recent post that I had completed some of Fall 2020 Work From Home pieces and I plan to post them as time allows!  

This was actually the third piece I made, but it might be my favorite!  It's the Gilbert Top from Helen's Closet. 

I'm just going to say it.  I LOVE this shirt. It's one of the best fitting button down I've ever made. The pattern is beautifully drafted and went together much easier than I anticipated. The fabric came from LA Finch Fabrics and is called Designer Deadstock Seville Abstract Blousewear.  At the time I'm writing this, the fabric is still available here.

I particularly love how the collar turned out

I'm not always a fan of camp style collars because mine turn out messy no matter how carefully I sew them up.  But this one?  Absolutely perfect!!  And this photo is when the shirt came straight out of the dryer. (yes, that's why there's a smidge of wrinkling in the photo above - real life!)

I wouldn't say this fabric presses particularly well. It's 100% poly, but other than pressing, it sewed up beautifully. 

I didn't choose to do ties as that's not my style, but this shirt looks great with the plum corduroy skirt I made to go with it (which I will post soon!) as well as a pair of jeans for a more casual look. 

I already love the Blackwell cardigan from this designer too, so between the two different pattern wins, I'm excited to try some of her other designs as well. 




Comments

Popular Posts