Love Notions Whistler

 I have plenty on the sewing inspiration board for spring that aren't Love Notions, but this winter, I was really drawn to some patterns I hadn't tried before and Whistler was one of them!

Let's talk winter in south Texas for a moment. And by winter, I mean the 2-3 weeks in January that we might get temperatures in 30's at night.  That's it. As such, when I look at all the beautiful coating fabrics and coat sew alongs in January, I ultimately end up passing. By the time I get anything cut out, winter is over. 

But that's not to say we don't have coolish days through February...sometimes. So during my Christmas sewing vacation, I decided to sew up a lovely plum-ish knit fabric I got from FabricMart. I decided to try the Love Notions Whistler Pull Over

I'm not going to lie, this pattern really intimidated me! I love the bodice with the shawl collar (something I've never tried before!) and the buttons, but for whatever reason, I was convinced this one would be hard.  It wasn't!


So I just realized one cuff is folded up and one is not in this photo.  Oops!! I ended up using a faux button since it easily slides over my head. I'm also on a roll with making tops with pockets, which if you know me, you know I usually don't like.  But these pockets are great.  In fact, I liked everything about this pattern!  I'm even tempted to make one with a hood...almost.

This is some type of poly blend fabric and it's actually a very warm and cozy sweater!




Comments

JuliaRu said…
Really nice! It looks much more attractive than the cover photo would suggest! I would definitely wear that. Thanks--I may have to get that pattern now!
Julia

Popular Posts