HotPatterns Plain & Simple Fitted T

Everyone should have a TNT pattern.  The HotPatterns Plan and Simple Fitted T is mine!

I bought this pattern a couple of years ago during a sale. I like that there were a lot of options for what is a basic t-shirt. I also like that there are some unique features on this pattern, like the seam down the back, a boat neck option, and varying sleeve lengths. I noticed this pattern is now on clearance, which I'm sure means it's on the discontinued. I highly recommend this pattern to anyone who wants to add a t-shirt that can be dressed up or down to their pattern collection.

This was the first thing I decided to make in the Great Module Sewalong. Here is the fabric that I chose:

First of all, this fabric is beautiful!!

This is a poly-spandex knit and it is almost a mesh like fabric. Slightly sheer but not at all see through, it's very soft and the color palette in it is amazing. I quickly determined that the scoop neckline was going to work best for this fabric.

I made some minimal changes to the pattern.  I decided for this shirt, I didn't want the seam on the back. So I subtracted the seam allowance, straightened the line, and cut it on the fold. I'm super pleased with how this piece turned out:

Normally I struggle with necklines laying flat. I know the principle behind what needs to be done to make them lay flat, I'm just not always successful. However, this neckline turned out beautifully and I absolutely love this top. It's almost a shame that I have some other things to sew up because I'd love to make a few more of these for my wardrobe.

Comments

Abbey Sews said…
Thanks for sharing. I have been using a mccall’s Pattern but want to branch out and try some other ones. I just discovered your blog and love it. Hope the Houston rodeo was fun :) Abbey

Popular Posts