GMSA - Fabric Choices

If you missed my post the other day I talked about the patterns I was going to use for the Great Module Sew Along (GMSA). I'm determined to use patterns exclusively from my stash although I didn't search through my older patterns first. I'm pretty committed to my pattern choices but I knew my stash wouldn't cover.

I've ordered most of my fabric at this point so here's a peek of what's to come! This first selection is my fabric.com order

White gaberdine. Before I cut into this for McCalls 6901, I'm going to have to muslin it before I cut into it because pants have always been my kryptonite and I'd really like to get a trouser pattern for work perfected. I actually have several bottom weight fabrics (that I hate to cute into and waste if the fit is bad!!) I can use to muslin, so this will probably be the last pattern I finish in the module.
This is the fabric I'm seeing my HotPatterns Plain & Simple T-shirt.  Yes, not so plain and simple! But I love the colors in this fabric. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the boatneck shirt in this, but I keep wavering between that and the scoop neck. This is another change because initially, I was thinking v-neck.  So I'll have to wait until the fabric arrives to feel the weight and texture and that will ultimately determine which neckline I want.
This black Ponte is for my Sybil pencil skirt. As I mentioned before, I'm always in need of a black pencil skirt, so I'm not really sure why I don't actually own one. This skirt takes just one yard of fabric so if it goes well, I see a lot more pencil skirts in my future. And since this Ponte, it will travel beautifully for work, which is a plus.
This chambray is for my topper, Simplicity 8887. I'm not 100% sure this will work with my pattern or how well it will coordinate with my other fabrics, so we shall see. A chambray topper, in general, is a practical piece because I can dress it up or down depending on how I style it.





I also place an order at LA Finch Fabrics  This is a new-to-me online fabric store that I discovered on Instagram and I have loved everything I've ordered from them so far!  Here are the last two pieces in my module:

 I absolutely fell in love with this print when I saw it online. The colors really appeal to me. I think this may work well for Butterick 6632. I ordered this when shipping was free which is always a plus. The navy in the fabric ties into my navy and white color scheme, although the background appears to be a little more cream than white.
This was an end of the bolt special and I actually bought it last month before the sewing module was announced. This is a fun and whimsical print that I think will be fun to pair with my pencil skirt or slacks. This is a bubble crepe so I'm not sure that it will be for Simplicity 3789. I already have this fabric so I need to review the pattern and determine if this will work. If not, I'll be changing patterns as I'd really like to have a top in this in my module!


And that's it! I've actually done quite a bit of sewing this weekend, so stay tuned to see how things worked out.



Comments

Popular Posts