Butterick 6684

I thought I was set on my patterns for The Great Module Sewalong.  But I chose this beautiful crepe bubble fabric:

As you can see by the photo, it's semi-sheer, and not ideal for my original pattern choice, Butterick 6632. Also, the more I thought about it, the less I wanted any type of long sleeves. Houston is warm 80% of the year and I have very little need of long sleeved garments, particularly one in a light bubble crepe.

So I went with Butterick 6684, a pussy-bow blouse style. I was concerned that the collar might be challenging, but even after user error, it turned out to be quite simple. Somehow I managed to cut one of my "bow" pieces in half. I have no idea how and there is nowhere on the pattern or in the instructions that directed me to think I should. So chalk it up to me not paying attention. I was able to patch it together on the inside and it's completely unnoticeable on the outside. And I've decided I can definitely live with that.

Now I will say. That bow is deceiving. It doesn't hang quite that nice on, even though the model is wearing my bra and has my measurements. It just doesn't hang quite the same.  I do like the top though and it will go great with the black pencil skirt that I made as well. This is a fun top that is all professional even though it has a playful print. The bubble crepe is light and flowy which is perfect for humid Houston days.   I really like this second piece of my module!

Comments

Popular Posts