Up Next M8027

Anyone in Texas can tell you, Rodeo Houston is the king of all rodeos. Almost a month long rodeo, there are rodeo events daily, concerts nightly - there is truly something for everyone at Rodeo Houston. Go Texan Day starts it off with a cattle drive from San Antonio to Houston.  Yes, a real cattle drive. This huge production is all to benefit kids with scholarships.  The goal this year is to raise $14  million dollars in scholarships.  Yes, you read that correctly!  Even scholarships are bigger in Texas!

Every year my work celebrates Go Texan Day, the unofficial kickoff to the rodeo, with prizes for showing up in your best rodeo/cowboy clothes.  Prizes that are typically a pair of concert tickets to one of the shows. This year that will be February 28th.  I own several hats, shirts, and a couple of pairs of boots, but this year I'm going to make my shirt.  I decided to use McCall's 8207 for my pattern:

I already bought the fabric from Fabric.com and Hobby Lobby has some western snaps so that I can keep it genuine. Rodeo season always starts cold and ends warm so this shirt will be great to pair up with a denim jacket at the beginning of the season or wear with a denim skirt if I go at the end (depending on the concert lineup!) 

I'm giving myself extra time for this one to do a muslin because it's a pattern I want to use again. You can never have too many western style shirts in Texas!

Comments

Popular Posts