Love Notions Laundry Day Tee

Love Notions is a new pattern company to me. I first heard about them from YouTube blogger Penguin and Pear Dressmaking.  She made a super cute t-shirt called The Laundry Day Tee.  This pattern is free if you join the Facebook group or you can purchase the PDF for a minimal cost.
I really liked that there are many ways to make this pattern!  Need a basic t-shirt?  That's the starting point.  What to dress it up?  Add a cowl.  Need a v-neck or a tank top?  There's options for that. Want to turn it into a dress? Make it nursing friendly?  Yep, all options. 

This super versatile pattern is a great staple to add to our wardrobe. There is a t-shirt length, tunic length, and dress length.  The PDF pattern went together easily and includes instructions for all the various options. If you're new to sewing, the Facebook support group is a great place to ask questions. This pattern is an easy yet stylish option for the beginner. I was also impressed by the wide size range, which is lacking in many pattern companies. 

I chose a Liverpool knit from LA Finch Fabrics in brown stripes.  It was an end of bolt purchase in their sale bin. I had initially thought I'd make another Blackwood cardigan from Helen's Closet, but changed my mind after the fabric arrived. Instead, I chose to make the cowl neck tunic from this pattern. I chose size XL, which fits perfect with this stable knit. Almost too perfect! I want to try it with a jersey knit as well before I decide if I need to adjust the sizing at all.  The PDF pattern allows you to choose which sizes you want to print, making it easier to blend between two sizes if needed. I think my cowl could have been a little drapier, which my fabric did not allow for, but I received many compliments and I'm happy with the top.


Comments

Popular Posts