Olive Knit Top

I finished my Olive Knit Top for my capsule this week and I'm so excited at how it turned out!

This is actually two pieces, a Love Notions Summer Basics tank as well as a Love Notions Luna cami.  I got this lovely piece of olive knit lace in a Knit Pop box that was all remnants. I loved it, but it was a little less than a yard and there was a small hole as well, so I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it,  

And then I saw this knit top when I was doing a search on Google (something Jennifer from Your Every Day Style suggests you do when you're shopping for pieces):


I wasn't so fond of the asymmetrical hem as I just see it getting caught on everything, but I the lace reminded me of the lace in my stash. This appears to be fully lined, which would make sense given that it's lace. 

I immediately thought of the Summer Basics tank from Love Notions and knew it would be perfect for a standard tank.  I bought a lovely cotton spandex from Girl Charlee and I did contemplate fully lining it at first. But this is Houston. And we're already off to a scorching hot summer. I felt like a layering cami would be a better option so I went ahead and made the Luna.  

 

You'll notice I changed the finishing slightly on the Basics Summer tank.  The binding is supposed to go on the outside and then you stitch it down. I didn't want to see the binding fabric because it's different than the lace. so I folded it to the inside. Also, I decided to not bind the armscye. I just didn't need the bulk there with the lace. I did use my coverstitch so it has a nice clean finish and I'm happy with the results.


Here is a closeup of the cami under the tank and I really like how this looks. 

I need to get some good photo's of my Breckenridge Henley, which is also done, but it's the laundry because I couldn't wait to wear it, so more to come!





Comments

Popular Posts