What.To.Sew

I've been sewing.  A lot. But as much as I've been sewing, I've been working more. Ugh. While I'm grateful to be able to continue to work, my work/home life balance is way out of wack! So I've been posting most of my makes on Instagram (@sewearley) for time constraints. My count since my last post:
  • 2 Love Notions Rhapsody shirts - I seriously love this pattern!!
  • Love Notions Rhapsody dress - not as flattering on my body type as I would have thought but not bad.  And I love the fabric I chose!
  • Love Notions Pemberly Tunic - I 
  • Love Notions Pemberly Dress
  • Love Notions Vivace Dolman top (for my daughter!)
  • Love Notions Laundry Day tank
  • Love Notions Summer Basics Tank
  • Love Notions Summer Caye Pants
  • Love Notions Summer Basics maxi dress
  • Love Notions Forte Top
  • Love Notions Sunday Romper - I need to try this again, I don't think my fabric choice worked well for this pattern. It looks SO cute on everyone but me...

For me, that's a highly successful list! Add to the fact that I work almost 50 hrs a week and I'm very pleased with my output!

So.  What to sew next?  Clearly, I'm a HUGE fan of Love Notions and I definitely have a few more on my list:
  • Love Notions Allegro Maxi skirt - I got a beautiful piece of fabric from LA Finch fabrics and it's going to make an amazing skirt. 
  • Love Notions Rhapsody - I know.  Another one. I can't help it, I love this pattern!
  • Simplicity 9102 Caftan - I've been wanting a caftan all summer. Something I can throw on in the morning, looks presentable for Zoom meetings, and is comfortable!  I love the drop shoulder on this pattern. I have it on my cutting table as I type.
  • New Look 6616 - I love the look of this jumpsuit and I think I could make it look dressier by making it up in a rayon linen. This will have some fitting issues for me so I will definitely need to muslin it first. 
  • New Look 6651 - because who doesn't need a summer shirt dress??  I've recently gotten much more confident in sewing buttonholes and I'm ready to tackle this cute dress. I really like the mandarin collar option on this one. 
  • Butterick 6026 - this has been on my list all summer and I even have the fabric. I'm concerned about needing an FBA with the pintucks so this one should be muslined first
  • Ellie & Mac True Beauty - I think this pattern is so cute but I'm not sure it's right for my body type. I'm still going to try since I bought the pattern on a Wacky Wednesday sale.
  • Ellie & Mac Ruched T - rusching is SO figure flattering and who doesn't need another cute t-shirt in their wardrobe?! (note to self, buy more hangers...)
Of course, there's more.  There's always more! I'll never be a minimalist and I'm fine with that. Sewing de-stresses me so that's an added bonus. 

Comments

Popular Posts