McCall 7359

I've had this pattern in my collection for a while and have wanted to sew it up. It was cut out, so I questioned if I had already (ahem, my pattern collection is more than just a little out of control!) but a quick review of my blog didn't show any posts, so apparently not.  






This is one of those patterns where I genuinely like all the views!  I really could have made any of them, but ultimately, I ended up with view C.

The fabric is a recent purchase, but I'm embarrassed to say, I've bought so much fabric over the summer, it took me a hot minute to figure it out!   The navy and white eyelet came from Alyssa May Design Textiles  when she had a summer sale going on.  I bought several incredible fabrics from the site and I'm looking forward to future purchases! The navy and white stripe came from Hobby Lobby and I knew I needed a pattern where I could mix these two fabrics together.  




Pattern DescriptionPullover tops (semi-fitted through bust) have upper sections extending into sleeves with gathers, front pleated lower sections, and narow hem. A, B: Neck band. B: Shaped hemline, wrong side shows. C: Sleeve band. C, D: Collar.

Pattern Sizing: 4 - 26

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  I like mine better, lol but yes it does

Were the instructions easy to follow? They were, this top went together pretty quickly

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
                Pros: everything went together really nice
                Cons: The band construction requires more fabric than needed.
  • So this collar requires an under collar and a collar.  But then you fold it in half twice.  It makes the band MUCH thicker than it needs to be since it's just sewn down (I was thinking maybe it just folded over, but not, it's sewn down).  You're literally sewing through four layers of fabric and the interfacing. I ended up using a hem adhesive to lock it in place. I'm hoping that holds up to washing.  We shall see
Fabric Used: cotton eyelet from Alyssa May Design Textiles and a 1/4 yd. piece I picked up from Hobby Lobby

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I added 2 inches at the lengthening line which is a standard alteration for me.  Next time I won't double the collar pieces.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I will!  This is a nice, lightweight top in the fabric I chose, perfect for hot summer days in TX. 

Conclusion:  This is a nice staple piece to add to my wardrobe. I  lack casual clothes in my wardrobe since I work in a professional office.  This goes nicely with denim shorts or my linen pants and still looks nice for my zoom calls. 




While I'm waiting for my fabric shipments from my last post, I've got a shirt dress I'm hoping will be a quick sew.  More to come!





Comments

Popular Posts