Love Notions Cadence Dress


Pardon the lateness on this post, a March make.  I'm working full time at home which means instead of 40 hours, I seem to be averaging 55+.  And my desk sits right next to my sewing table, so on my breaks I'll get a seam or two in...but I'm WAY behind on posting reviews.

This is the Cadence Dress from Love notions. This is another one where the fabric dictated what pattern I chose.  I scooped up this rayon challis remnant from LA Finch fabrics and it was almost 5 yards. I had to make a maxi dress!  I don't know if the beautiful colors are coming through, but this print is on a navy background and it is so beautiful. Clearly, I need to work on better lighting in my office/sewing room...

I really took my time on this neckline and it is probably the best faced neckline I've ever done. I was really concerned that this dress would be boxy and shapeless on, but the bust darts give nice shaping and I added a drawstring waist tie that I cinch in just a little and it's super flattering. The side vents on this make it so comfortable to walk in (up and down the stairs from my office to the kitchen, but hey...)  Flutter sleeves, hands down, are my favorite sleeve on myself so it wasn't difficult to choose this sleeve style for this dress. 

I made my standard changes to this pattern, adding 1.5" to the length. I know it's a maxi and that may seem like overkill, but when you're tall, true maxi's are hard to come by. And I had the fabric to do it! I used the full bust instead of the standard and this works really well for me. 

I'd like to sew up a few tank style dresses in this pattern for summer in the near future. I have so many projects in the works though, it may take some time to get to a tank dress!


Comments

Popular Posts