Pattern Haul

I've been really busy sewing in the short time we've entered January 2020.  I completed an Oliver top by Seamwork and I LOVE it.  I have a post coming up this week with a review, but it was the first thing I made for 2020.

I have another make in the works, but I saw that Hobby Lobby had McCall's patterns on sale this week so I stopped in and grabbed a couple.


McCall's 6361 

I sort of wish I had read the reviews on patternreview.com first. I wanted something simple that I could whip up some staple pieces for my wardrobe this spring. And I think once I get the fit done, these could be amazing.  I own every Palmer Pletcher fitting book (just got a new one this Christmas!) so there's no reason for me to not tackle these this spring. All of these would be great for my 9-5 job.


McCall's 7985

True confessions:  I only bought this pattern for Top A. The peplum on top is very friendly to my 40 something-year-old body. Plus I can dress this up for work or down for the weekend. I don't now about top's B&C though.  That is a lot of fabric on the back of that top! But for $1.99 I couldn't resist for Top A


McCall's 7548

Comfy work out clothes is the goal with this pattern!  The skirt I'll never wear. The jacket is doubtful too. But the tank, the capri yoga pants, and the long-sleeved top are right up my alley. I like working with knits so this seems like a no brainer to add some cute workout clothes to my wardrobe.








I didn't just buy patterns at Hobby Lobby.  Style Arc had a New Year's pattern sale and I picked up a couple there as well.

Ellen Woven Shorts 

Look, I live in Texas. It's warm here 50% of the time, hot another 20%, cool-ish another 20% and maybe a little cold the other 10%. In other words, you wear shorts almost year-round here (I've had many a Christmas where the a/c was on!).  I can't wait to try these!


Holly Woven Blouse

Love this for work! Again, I don't need anything heavy for winter/spring here and I can see this made up in a cute silky fabric.

Jara Knit Tunic

Style Arc typically has two patterns to choose from for a freebie when you purchase a PDF pattern (the only ones I buy from them). I chose this one because I recently saw a gorgeous sequin sweatshirt on Emily Hallman's IG that she made. She posted a review here of several tops she made at the end of the year and a sequined sweatshirt from an OOP McCall's pattern was one of them. I don't know that I have a need, let alone a place to wear, a sequined sweatshirt.  But since the pattern was free, I went with it.

That's it...for now!  The month is still young and I still have a couple of Butterick, Simplicity, and a couple of indie patterns on my wish list.

Stay tuned for a review of the Oliver top!

Comments

Popular Posts