Vogue 8503




I've been meaning to post this but it's been a busy summer! Not just activities. I've been busy whipping up some sleep shorts for my boys, a new summer nightgown for my daughter, and trying to get ready for my trip next week. I'm sure everyone can relate.

OK, the obvious things. The plaid didn't exactly match up the way it was planned. That being said, I'm not at all unhappy with how it turned out. It matches as close as possible, given the darts in the bodice, and I think very few people (aka, those outside the sewing world) would even notice!

What you can't see on this is the fit. It fits beautifully through the bust and shoulders, but is uncomfortable through the tummy. This is my 'problem' area, so it may be me more than the pattern. Rather than hide this in the back of my closet until I "one day" loose the weight, I've decided that I'm going to wear a white tank under it, and use it as an over shirt. Since it only had 3 buttons on the pattern, I'm re-thinking that it was ever really meant to be a traditional shirt. This looks nice and casual with my denim shorts, and I actually plan to wear this on the airplane when I go on vacation next week, so it's a good choice overall.

I don't see myself making the long sleeved version of this, but if I found the right fabric, it might make a great layering piece for winter too.




Comments

Popular Posts