Simplicity 2365

I cut this blouse out last month, but the pintucks had me stumped, so I set it aside.  This weekend, I decided I really wanted to finish it (might have something to do with the 2 new Hot Patterns I bought last month as well as some fabric that should be arriving any day now...) so I decided to get it done before the weekend was over.  Once I sat down and read  the directions (yes, novel concept) the pintucks were quite simple.  A ruler and a washable pen were all I needed to make sure they were space evenly.

Here is my completed shirt:

In person, the details are much better.  This fabric looks SO busy in this photo, but I plan to pear it with gray or black slacks for work, and a gray sweater while the weather is still cool.  This will do wonders for the business of the print.  There are subtle shades of lavender and gray in this fabric, which is why I think it appealed to me so much.

Here is a close up of the pin tucks.  Did I mention how happy I was that they came out perfect?!

OK, so blogger doesn't want to upload more photo's right now.  Must be because the Packers won the Superbowl...

Well, I guess this will be an unfinished post until I can get the rest of my uploads done, but I'm very excited to be able to wear this to work tomorrow, and I'll try to get my DH to take some photo's, if the lighting is good at 6am when I leave, lol...

Comments

Popular Posts