Monday, November 07, 2011

B5523 Finished


B5523
I managed to get these two photo's to load finally!  On the hanger doesn't really give the dress justice, so you can also took one in my closet sewing room!  This is a very easy dress to put together, and I think very figure flattering on.  I did hem the sleeves, but I was afraid the skirt hem would become wavy, so I left it alone.  This also gave me a little added length.  I'm tall, so that's never a bad thing for me.

As you may remember from my last post, this is a red knit with a raised pattern, that I got from Fabric.com back in July.  My original intention was to make a twin set.  When I got the fabric in, I realized this may not be the right fabric for that. I think it works well for the dress.

The only thing I may do differently when I make this again, is to make the sleeves truly 3/4 in length.  I find that's the sleeve length I like best while I'm at work.  The empire seam line hit just below my bust like it should.  I was tempted to add an additional inch, since that's a normal fitting alteration on me (I'm high busted), but when I measured it on the tissue, it appeared it would work fine.  I worry about things like that because I find a lot of RTW that cuts right across the center of my bust, and I see women wear it like that!  A pet peeve of mine apparently.  I think even with my arm raised as I take the photo, you can tell there are no issues for me here.  I'm very pleased with this dress!


No comments: