Vogue 8553

Yes, I'm catching up on my photo posting!

This is Vogue 8553, which I really like.  I made this dress back in February for Valentines Day.  You know you got it right when everyone in the office comments on how fantastic the dress you're wearing looks and that you must have a hot date!  Well, I did, with my wonderful hubby! <3  

I did the solid version.  Again, I had problems with this being much lower cut than what I was anticipating based on the line drawings.  While it's fine for an evening out with my hubby, it was definitely a little too low cut for the office, so I wore a red camisole under it.  Problem solved.

There is nothing that I didn't like about this pattern!  It went together easily and looks lovely on.  I definitely plan to make another one with a print for a different look.  I think the only thing I would contemplate changing is making my tie belt longer.  But my knit was a lovely bamboo knit that was very stable.  A slinkier knit would have had more elasticity and probably seemed longer once tied.  I did pencil that onto my pattern so I would remember that when I make it again.  No photo of it on me, but here it is hanging on my shoe rack, lol...


Comments

Popular Posts