B5523

The Limited Cable Cowlneck Sweater Dress
I found this dress, which is even more like the pattern I posted earlier!  There are only a few differences, like the pleats.  The dress from The Limited has folds that go across the skirt, where as B5523 has inverted box pleats - which I already mentioned I love!  Also, I think the cowl is a little fuller on the inspiration dress as well.  I might see about making the cowl fuller if I make this again.

My SD card isn't cooperating.  I do have photo's of my finished dress.  Here are some photo's of B5523 from the web site:











As you can see, this pattern is almost identical (although I do like the other dress too).  On the line drawing, there is a pleat on the cap of the sleeve (which I may leave off next time).  Also, I don't think the inspiration dress has the tab on the back.  So far, mine doesn't either.  The interfacing I used doesn't seem to be heavy enough to keep it from being wavy, and I don't have enough fabric to make another one (which I'm not sure is my fault or the patterns fault, but I barely had enough to squeeze out the sleeves for this dress!!)

I also used a red knit for my dress.  It was in my stash from my July fabric purchase, but it didn't end of being the right texture for what I was planning to use it for.  When I saw this dress, I knew it would be a good combination.  Ironically, the dress on the pattern is red too.  I was going to hold off on wearing it to work tomorrow, until I had the buttons for the tab, but since I'm no longer sure I'll be adding the tab, I might just wear it anyway!  This will make a great addition to my winter dresses, which I'm sadly lacking.  21 dresses, only 2 of them are winter dresses.  Go figure.
B5523 line drawing









I'll post photo's of my actual dress as soon as my SD card decides to stop holding them hostage...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see your dress! I left the tab off of my version of this pattern, and I do not miss it. Love that inspiration dress!
Anonymous said…
Goody!! I was debating about the same dress. I love the way it looks I'm just worried that it might not suit my figure....I'm going to make it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Popular Posts