Sewing Plan

I need to sew.  I have a wish list for spring/summer longer than I can conceivably complete.  I really need a few more pieces for my work wardrobe, but I am also in desperate need of some new things for casual wear.  That being said, I'm more of a tailored casual person than a jeans and t-shirt type of person.  Which means most of my every day clothes work for my office as well (I've developed a new appreciation for business casual!).

I "need" more bottoms.  For me, this is an array of skirts because I'm not overly fond of slacks.  But I have only two TNT skirt patterns, and honestly, I'm tired of them.  I need to put them aside and try some new patterns.  Maybe over Memorial Weekend, when I ship my boys and husband out for a Boy Scout camping trip.  But right now, I need instant satisfaction!!  So a casual knit top is on my list.  I have several KS tops that I know will work for me, and I have a Jalie pattern I've been itching to try.  So after my son's birthday party today, I think I will dig out my patterns and make a decision.  Thank goodness I packed all my fabric in clear bins that are easy to locate!  I might even make a trip to Joann's just to take a peak at what's available.  It's been a couple of months since I was last in.  I do have a couple of TNT woven patterns I could use if I found the right fabric, but I'd like to use up some of my stash since I know my sewing time is more limited now.  I've reached the point where I feel guilty buying more fabric, when I already have so much, and I don't like that feeling at all!!!  I'll post later today when I've made my final decision.

Comments

Popular Posts