Theraputic Sewing

So my children's projects are almost finished, but I think I'm going to take a small sewing hiatus from sewing for them, and concentrate on sewing some things for "me"! I will finish putting the elastic band in my daughter's pants today, as well as hem them to the proper length so that I can get some photo's of the finish product posted.

Another reason that I'm anxious to sew for "me" is that I picked up some more patterns the other day at Joann's! It's not my fault though. I had plans to go in, get some elastic, get out. Except my girlfriend took my 3 oldest children, which allowed me to take only the youngest and roam around for an hour or so without hearing my kids complain!!! So I happened to wander by the pattern area, and noticed that Butterick patterns were on sale for $1.99. Now how could I not even look at them? So I ended up with a couple in my basket. I was specifically looking for a pants pattern like the style jeans I bought last week. Dually noted that I did not find the pattern I was looking for (in fact Buttericks selection of pants and skirts is dismally disappointing in my opinion!) but I found these dresses instead: B5242 This is the first of the two, and my favorite. I think that the lines on this dress are going to be very figure flattering on my body shape. I'm debating on making a working muslin (aka, using a fabric I moderately like in the hopes that it turns out well and I can add it to my collection) or just cutting straight into a fabric I know I love. Decisions decisions!


My second pattern is B5130 The Muse dress. While I know the criss cross across my bust line should be flattering, I'm not so sure about the rest of the dress. Definitely something I'm going to have to go search the $1 bin at Walmart to find some knit fabric to test on. I love it with the boots though, lol, and I happen to own a pair just like them so I took it as a sign that I was meant to buy this pattern! At the worst, lol, I'm out $2 for the pattern and the couple of dollars I plan to spend at walmart on fabric. I can consider it a learning experience at the very least!
I'm really thinking that I bought a couple more patterns, but apparently they weren't in the bag that I grabbed downstairs in the dark, so I'll have to check on those later and post back. Then again, I bought quite a bit of scrapbooking stuff that day as well, so it could be I'm having a memory lapse over the number of patterns I actually bought. And I'd like to say that that's the end of my pattern shopping spree, but Vogue is having their $4.99 pattern sale today, and I'm still on the hunt for that pants pattern!! So off to shop their next....

Comments

Popular Posts