Burda WOF - 413

To start with, this neckline on this looks huge on the hanger. It's much more flattering in person.

The description on the pattern is as follows:

This dress, in the trendy wrapover look, fits so beautifully due to a perfect pattern design that includes bust and back waist darts. Both front pieces are cleverly caught in the side seams so that nothing can slip out of place.

OK. I agree 100% that the front pieces are securely caught in the side seams. I really liked this feature, and I think it's a large part of why the front doesn't 'slip'. There's also not a lot of excess bulk fabric - something any woman can appreciate!

That being said, the collar shown on the line drawings was horrific when it came to actual application. I looked at it. Looked at it again. Looked a third time. Why a collar stand on a knit dress? OK, it's a double knit, it's very stable. Still...

So then I noticed that this is also a shirt pattern. Without the collar!! So I opted to make this dress like the directions for the shirt...just with a nice calf length skirt attached, lol.

I did my first FBA for this pattern, and it worked REALLY well. I've been struggling with the bust on most things since I had kids and gained a bust. I highly recommend Fast Fit Pattern Alterations, by Sandra Betzina to help with the FBA.

Now, that being said, I wish I had read a little more on her flat pattern fitting for measurement. I got so excited on the well fitting bust, lol, I did not adjust for tummy control, lol. This dress will look fantastic on me - when I loose about 10 lbs., lol. Still, I really like the dress, and I won't hesitate to make it again.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts