City Dress



I have made this dress before. I liked it (well, I still do). However, I inevitably got one of two questions:
  1. Oh, your pregnant, congratulations!!!
  2. Oh, someone passed away, I'm so sorry.

So, while I thought the black knit (I think I would call it interlock - I bought it on eBay, so I'm not sure) would be basic and practical, I've decided to make another one in a different fabric. The new one is being made from a Burgundy slinky, with a salmon flower print stamped on it sporadically, a touch of mustard, and moss green stems and leaves. I have never sewn with slinky, and this fabric has sat in my stash for almost 3 years, so I might as well sew it up and move on, right?

I tried on the unhemmed version tonight, and because the slinky is heavier, it pulls it down, and I don't get that pregnant look. I was very pleased, but then again, I liked the last dress too. The thing I like best, is that this dress is SO comfy.

Comments

Popular Posts