Sunday, May 16, 2010

V8613 Part 1

Between loads of laundry, lunch, and assorted chores I have to get done before I go back to work tomorrow, the dress is slowly coming together!  I think the bodice work being done should make the rest of the project go much faster.  I opted to not interface the collar, and I'm not sure that was a good choice.  I wanted it to remain soft and flowing, and the white stabilizer was not the look I wanted since the under slip is cream.  So I used the slip fabric to back the collar and omitted the stabilizer.  The collar points are curling slightly, so I'm not sure that worked.  I'm hoping maybe some light starch will fix that, but since this is a non iron fabric, we shall see.  I tried a light iron a small scrap and it melted.  So no ironing!  I have stitched down all the seams though and the rest of it is laying nicely, so I'll have to come up with a fix for that collar if the light starch doesn't work. 

OK, time to complete the skirt and attach it!  And put the invisible zipper in...

No comments: