It's Done!!

I did finish the dress last weekend and will definitely post more photo's when my camera is done re-charging.  I LOVE how it turned out!  The slip is OK.  It definitely works with the dress but it's plane and nothing to look at.  Since the dress is lacy, this is actually ideal.  This fit is good.  If I make the slip again though, I think I would cut it on the bias.  I did have to lower the neckline 2 inches, but since it was originally supposed to be a nightgown, not a slip, this makes sense.


Here is a photo of the dress without buttons or the slip.  I wish you could see the gather details on the bodice, but this type of fabric didn't allow for those details.  The collar is still curling a bit, so I need to think of something to fix that.  Most people probably wouldn't notice, but of course, I do!  Since this is a knit, I opted not to hem it.  This fabric becomes very wavy very easy, and I don't want a wavy hemline.  The next time I make it (oh yes, did I mention I LOVE this pattern?!) I will use a fabric that shows the details of the bodice better.  I have some idea in mind already... :)

Comments

Jacquelyn said…
It looks beautiful! I just bought this pattern and am going to try it. I am sorta new to sewing so I may have to enlist the help of my mother-in-law. I've only made a few skirts before.....we'll see how it goes.

Popular Posts