Still Working

It's been a busy week.  I have worked on some of the coat...just not as much as I would have liked.  As with Simplicity 2427, I'm going to baste the seems of the jacket to see how it fits prior to committing to it.  One of my goals (in a post to come) is to learn to use my serger this year.  It was a gift two Christmas's ago, and while I have used it, I'm not even remotely comfortable with it.  While I plan to do some french seams on the sides and back, those front princess won't want that type of seaming.  OK, I guess they could, but I'm not that comfortable!  I think I'd also like to put lining in the sleeves.  I know, I know, I said no lining.  But I also don't want my jacket sticking to me or making my linen dress any more wrinkled that it will obviously get.  And I have lining material here...so...it's a thought at least.

Sewing resolutions to come...



Comments

Popular Posts