Not On Hiatus

I haven't posted in over a month. Not because I haven't been sewing in bursts!!! But because life has a way of getting complicated from time to time!

So the green skirt is "almost" finished. More finished than the lavender dress that I'm putting off until next spring, because summer is basically here! The skirt needs a hem an the facings stitched down. I really like the skirt, not to sure on the fit yet, but I think it's workable.

Also done (why yes, I did say done!) is Vogue 8495. I really, really like this pattern! I think my choice of white organic cotton was a little to stiff, but even with that in mind, I love this shirt. I'll have to come back and add some photo's of it, but I don't have any at the moment. I made a few design detail changes, but they turned out well too.

The other project I'm working on is Vogue 8503. The verdict is still out on this. I like my fabric choices, but I think this is going to be a light weight layering top I end up wearing over tank tops, rather than a cotton shirt for summer, as I intended. It appears to be to snug in the bust, although I don't have the buttons sewn on yet. I used a light blue plaid seersucker from Joann's. I thought I matched everything well, but well, maybe it wasn't as good as I thought now that it's assembled. But I'm still happy with it. My disappointment stems from the sizing. It's just to snug to wear closed it appears. But I could end up pleasantly surprised!

And last, because apparently I don't have enough to do, I have 3 glow worm costumes I'm working on for my kindergartners school play. What I thought would take me a half hour per costume has taken me almost 3 days, but it will be done by tomorrow and it will make the kids happy. :)

Comments

Popular Posts