Ottobre Woman T-shirt

I have been holding out on buying Ottobre Woman for some time. I don't know why. I love the children's patterns and have bought issues in languages I don't read or speak. But recently I found a copy of the first issue published on eBay for a good price, so I decided to buy it. Flipping through the issue, I found many patterns I knew I would like to sew if and when I have the time. But to jump into it, I decided to start with something easy.

I have been wanting a good fitting t-shirt pattern for awhile. I've tried many different patterns, including Kwik Sew, but hadn't found one that was the fit I was looking for. My problem is that I have...umh...we'll say a well developed bust line. And I've had four kids. I'm not as slender as I was in my 20's. Go figure. But I like fitted t-shirts, not the boxy, shapeless things they try to put on fuller figured women. So I've tried many different patterns. Most of them end up in my workout drawer because they're just not right.

I have to say, this ottobre t-shirt was perfect, right off the bat! First of all, it was sized two ways. For the ladies that are still nice and slim and have a normal bust line. Then there was the option for the fuller figured bust line, such as myself. Most pattern companies size for C cup. So I'm required to do a FBA. The plus sized pattern for this t-shirt was clearly drafter for us curvier women. I cut my muslin out of a $1 knit I got at Walmart just for testing. I still hate the fabric, lol, but it made me confident to cut out my really soft, rayon knit that I got on sale at Joann's a few weeks back. The fit is exactly what I was looking for - fitted in the bust, not to boxy, but not sausage casing either! I chose to do the v-neck, which was a new technique for me, but I liked it. I do plan to cut out a few more t-shirts in the scoop neck. I think I sewed the binding on a bit to wide, but it's nothing I can't live with.
I'll take some photo's today (it just came out of the laundry!) before I start my next project, a denim skirt in a lighter apple green shade, from this same issue. I'm very excited to have found someone on Patternreview.com who was selling two more Ottobre Woman issues. I can't wait to try out some patterns!

Comments

Popular Posts