KS 3066 Update

And so my saga continues.





Ann, of Needle Nook Fabrics took a look at my photo's for me, and suggested that I raise the back neckline about 1/2" and widen the shoulder seam toward the neck about 3/4" and thus changing the angle of the V-neck. She suggested that the neckline is too wide. She also suggest I narrow the width at the top of the V about 1/2" on each side and then taper to the original width at the under bust seam.





Here are my results:







Now I'm having issues with the gaping armsycle. A couple of thoughts on this:
  • First, I used a different fabric. The other fabric, while still a knit, was a firmer knit. Perhaps the firmer knit didn't show the problem with the arm?

Second, I think this bodice is too large. Everywhere I look on this, it just seems loose and large. My thought is to go back and trace a LG instead of a XL just in the bodice portion, to see if I can take out some of this excess. In this fabric, it just seems that everything is loose! I have lost weight lately, and while the measurement chart indicated I would need the XL, the fit, to me, seems to say differently.

Comments

Popular Posts